(不知道怎麼插入影音,只好只插入網址)

在前往西雅圖的路上,把好多年前的不知名CD隨意放入車子的,流洩出來的是這首Same Old Lang Syne。霎時間,就讓我想起了你。

歌是這麼唱的:

Met my old lover in the grocery store     
在超市裡撞見我過往的情人
The snow was falling christmas eve        
聖誕節前夕飄著雪
I stole behind her in the frozen foods     
我從她身後伸手拿取冷凍食品
And I touched her on the sleeve       
因而輕觸她的衣袖

She didnt recognize the face at first
起初,她沒有認出我來
But then her eyes flew open wide
接著她驚訝地睜大雙眼
She went to hug me and she spilled her purse
她擁抱了我,皮夾不慎掉落
And we laughed until we cried.
我們先是笑了,繼而落淚

We took her groceries to the checkout stand
我們拿著雜貨來到結帳櫃檯
The food was totalled up and bagged
結帳並裝袋
We stood there lost in our embarrassment
我們在尷尬中駐足
As the conversation dragged.
因為感到無言以繼

We went to have ourselves a drink or two
打算找個地方喝兩杯
But couldnt find an open bar
卻找不到任何有開的酒吧
We bought a six-pack at the liquor store
只好在酒品專賣店買半手啤酒
And we drank it in her car.
到她車上喝一點

We drank a toast to innocence
我們為純真往日乾杯
We drank a toast to now
也為此時此刻乾杯
And tried to reach beyond the emptiness
試圖跨越此間的空虛
But neither one knew how.
但卻不知該如何作

She said shed married her an architect
她說她嫁給了一個建築師
Who kept her warm and safe and dry
讓她保有起碼的溫飽
She would have liked to say she loved the man
儘管她深愛這男人
But she didnt like to lie.
但她不想說謊

I said the years had been a friend to her
我說歲月並未輕待她
And that her eyes were still as blue
因此她的雙眼仍如往昔一般湛藍
But in those eyes I wasnt sure if I saw
但在她的雙眸中,我不確定我所見的

Doubt or gratitude.
究竟是懷疑還是感謝

She said she saw me in the record stores
她說她在錄音帶店裡看到了我的專輯
And that I must be doing well
我一定過得很不錯
I said the audience was heavenly
我說觀眾的回應有如天音
But the traveling was hell.
但巡迴演出卻彷彿地獄般辛苦

We drank a toast to innocence
我們為純真往日乾杯
We drank a toast to now
也為此時此刻乾杯
And tried to reach beyond the emptiness
試圖跨越此間的空虛
But neither one knew how.
但卻不知該如何作

We drank a toast to innocence
我們為純真往日乾杯
We drank a toast to now
也為此時此刻乾杯
Reliving in our eloquence
在我們不間斷的談話裡感到安心
Another auld lang syne...
重溫往日的美好時光

The beer was empty and our tongues were tired
喝光了啤酒,感到疲憊
And running out of things to say
也再也想不出有何好說的了
She gave a kiss to me as I got out
在我踏出車子時,她輕吻了我
And I watched her drive away.
我凝望著她開車離開

Just for a moment I was back at school
有那麼一瞬間,我彷彿回到校園時光
And felt that old familiar pain
再次感受往昔的傷痛
And as I turned to make my way back home
就在我轉身踏上歸途時
The snow turned into rain --
雪已停,轉為落雨。

 

或許是因為最常聽這首歌的時候,是在與你的情感糾結之間,也或許是因為,對我而言,你是某個沒有答案也尋不到答案的遺憾,以至於聽著聽著便想到了你。

我想過,倘若有一天再聽到你的消息時,我會作何反應,但似乎想不出個所以然來,也曾想過如果偶然間遇見你(儘管那機會恐怕微乎其微)又會是如何,不過所有的一切,好像都只留下一聲嘆息。

人生應該就是這樣吧?!不要去思索無謂的疑問,反正很多空想是無法得到一個適當的回答。就算去探究這個或那個過去,又如何?畢竟真實的是當下。

我想,可能有那麼一天,我們在某個點上交會時,會仿如歌中所述,竟然只感到無限空洞吧!

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    Sunny Kuo 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()